Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Looking Back At The Past

I apologize for disappearing all of a sudden, I have moved to a new house and I was very busy helping out in all the dirty work that needed to be done. After the new house was ready, I remembered that we needed to make a new phone connection and blah blah blah, I knew that it would take time, so I decided to write this post and save it on my PC until my next chance to go online..

Anyhow, I've been playing alot of games lately since I have nothing better to do, I've mastered "The Sims 2", "Call Of Duty 2" and "Fallout Tactics".. All this in only the past 2 weeks.. I also almost got the final "Fade To Black" solo correctly, but I still need to work more on it.. And after I got bored of playing games and guitar I started watching movies..

One of the movies that I watched was "The Last Samurai", I've watched it many times before, and everytime I watch it I notice new things in the movie, the way the movie explains the change that happened in Japan at the late 1800, when technology entered Japan for the first time.. It also explains how life was in Japan, how the Japanese people lived, it showed the way of the Japanese thinking.. You can notice that there is something very special about them, they had respect for everyone around them, from strangers or family members to even their enemy, they had the honor rule applied in a way that I have never seen before in any community or people, which shows how much these people had respect for themselves.. Even the air around them was very peaceful for the fact that Japan is indeed a wonderful country.. Everything they did in their lives had a meaning that reflected on themselves others, the woke up to start working on making their lives perfect, all together they lead an excellent way of living, as some of you might know it..
Until the Americans reached Japan and gave them the disease that we see everyday.. "Technology".. Technology spoiled Japan, the way they lives their lives was ruined, they knew that this would destroy their culture, and destroying their own culture would bring down Japan in everything I had mentioned above, but they really had no choice, they had to level up with the world, otherwise if Japan was left behind it will collapse infront of the other countries, so they made the deal and signed away their lives.. Talking about this Samurai story, I think that the way a samurai lived and thought is the main thing that attracts us to read about the culture of Japan, or even if we aren't readers some might watch Anime to learn about all this..

On the other side out of the movie, I thought what would we would normally think about these people, as soon as you try to show somebody the greatness of the Japanese culture, he/she would answer you by telling you that they will all go to hell as they are against god (rolls eyes).. Other than that I looked at my own culture, all I see is the worst, 2 families fighting for their camels or horses or whatever (Yes I bet you've read some of the history), how all the world points and says how easy it was to take advantage of us, unfortunatly these people who talk attack us have a good point, how we gave away our dignity for more land, money and limited happiness.. The problem is that things now aren't any better.. I look at these days, how there is no respect whatsoever, people have hate for each other in every corner, others show off with whatever they have that others can't buy, how we are only living depending on others, everything we do is against our beliefs and yet we say that we our hanging on tight to what we believe in! Others who had worked very hard to gain what we are buying from them in exchange for this oil that we "found" underground..
Looking at the youth of our countires, you look into the way they think, you won't be surprised if I told you that our future is fucked, who will save us later? As for an example when you see more than 60% of students in one country get school percentages just a bit above failing, and the problem is that they had reached that "bit above failing" with alot of help from the governments.. No body is ready to work, no one is ready to try hard to get what they want..
Most of what comes out of us is a failure in either leading a life or creating one, except for some very rare cases, all this will reflect on us later on.. You'll see.. But I suppose that all of this is part of the way life works and no body can change it..

I'm very sure that most of you people already know what I'm talking about since a very long time, I do admit that I haven't opened my eyes before.. Not until now..

I apologize if I talked over any limits insulting any reader, but I'm only writing the things that hit my mind.. And I am not considering my self as a person who complains alot by this post..


Have a nice day..

4 Comments:

At 2:55 AM, Blogger lioness said...

Nice post Solidus.

You are a deep thinker and speaking your mind is a good thing. Ok, it's not what others expect to read.. but so what?! No one wanted to hear Galileo's ideas and thoughts. He never gave up and agreed with the masses (and Church), that the Earth was flat, just to please the them.

In the end, everyone knew he was right, even if they didn't want to admit it.

I don't think any one society is perfect, but like every problem, you can only start to fix it if you admit and recognise that you HAVE a problem.

Denial doesn't solve anything.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Hope said...

God Bliss you Solidus..
Glad to know that you are using you mind to see, observe, analyze and talk about such important stuff like this post..
Yes I do agree with..High Tech ruined nations..but hey, didn't you ask yourself why?
wrong usage..We could use Tech to improve our qualityof life but instead..we did the opposite..
Youth in our countries..and I'm sorry to say that..are shallow in their way of thinkin..yet..I must say, there are some exceptions

Good post..nicely done :)

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger iamnasra said...

Well Its nice to see you back..Sometime you need to look at the world and take another look...its so sad to find this reality

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Castelluca said...

lovely ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
     
 
 
     
 
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • solidus_m88@hotmail.com